EAR, NOSE & THROAT:
OTOLARYNGOLOGY, HEAD & NECK SURGEON
Dr Kevin Nguyen treats adult and paediatric patients with general ENT conditions and patients with head and neck cancer concerns including:
- Neck lumps, oral lesions, ulcers and confirmed cancers
- Salivary gland conditions and tumours (parotid, submandibular and sublingual glands)
- Thyroid nodules, work up and thyroid cancer treatment
- Paediatric conditions: hearing loss, grommets, tonsil & adenoid conditions, sleep disordered breathing
- Nasal obstruction, allergy, sinus conditions and nasal polyposis
- Voice, airway and swallowing conditions
- Adult snoring and sleep disorders
- Tonsil conditions; including tonsillitis, recurrent quinsy and tonsil stones
Dr Kevin Nguyen is a first generation Australian migrant and was a Vietnamese boat refugee. He arrived on Australian shores with his family members at the age of four years old. He grew up in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne and continues to maintain strong community ties.
In 2008, he completed Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Medical Science (MBBS, B.Med.Sci) through The University of Melbourne.
Dr Nguyen went on to complete his internship and residency at Austin Health before commencing advanced surgical training in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery (OHNS); a national specialty training program for Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) surgeons through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
In 2017, Dr Nguyen completed his advanced surgical training and became a board certified specialist as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). He continued on a path to sub-specialise in Head & Neck Oncology, Robotic Surgery and Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery through a fellowship at one of Australia’s leading cancer centres- Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Hospital, NSW. Having recently returned home to Victoria, he is available to see patients with general ENT and Head & Neck cancer concerns.
Dr Nguyen has public appointments at The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and Eastern Health. He has previously worked in all of Melbourne’s metropolitan health networks and has worked at several regional centres (Geelong, Bendigo and Kilmore). Through this experience, he has developed an intricate understanding of our community’s health needs and advocates for equal access to healthcare despite ones social, demographic, cultural and geographical background.
He is also a member of The Australian Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (ASOHNS), the Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society (ANZHNCS) and the Australian Medical Association (AMA).
Dr Nguyen practices evidence-based medicine and is actively involved in research. He has published his research in several medical journals. He also has strong interest in teaching and aims to ensure that high standards of education and training is maintained for our current and future health professionals. Some of his teaching roles include:
- Faculty teaching member for Royal Australasian College of Surgeons : (TIPS) course
- Lecturer for Royal Melbourne Hospital Trauma Education Program
- Lecturer and examiner of medical students from various medical schools
- Supervisor and trainer for local ENT surgical trainees and international visiting fellows
- Organiser and convenor for Head & Neck dissection courses
- Presenter for educational programs for GP’s, airway updates for anaesthetist and nursing staff etc.
Dr Nguyen places strong emphasis on patient focused care and advocates the best possible outcome for his patients.
Bác sĩ Kevin Nguyễn là bác sĩ Tai Mũi Họng,
Chuyên phẫu thuật về các phần thuộc đầu và cổ. Nói chung, chuyên điều trị
- Các bệnh về tai mũi họng
- Nghi ngờ bị ung thư đầu, cổ khi thấy bị nổi u ở cổ, bị vết loét ở miệng
- Đã xác định đã bị ung thư
- Bị khối u ở tuyến nước bọt, tuyến mang tai, tuyến dưới hàm và tuyến dưới lưỡi
- Các nốt sần nổi lên ở tuyến giáp trạng và ung thư tuyến giáp trạng
- Các bệnh của trẻ em như bị mất thính giác, chướng tai, tình trạng amidan & adenoid, nhịp thở không đều khi ngủ
- Tắc mũi, dị ứng, tình trạng xoang và polyp mũi
- Tình trạng giọng nói, đường thở và nuốt
- Người lớn ngủ ngáy và ngủ không yên giấc
- Tình trạng amidan; bao gồm viêm amidan, tái phát và sỏi amidan
Bác sĩ Kevin Nguyễn thông thạo hai ngôn ngữ Việt và Anh.
Có văn phòng tư vấn ở East Melbourne và Moonee Ponds với các địa điểm ngoại thành và vùng phụ cận.
1. Suite 23, 141 Grey Street, East Melbourne Victoria 3002, Australia
2. 88 Holmes Road, Moonee Ponds Victoria 3039 3. Knox Private Hospital, 262 Mountain Hwy, Wantirna Victoria 3152 phone: (03) 9417 1041 fax: (03) 9417 1051 email: info@vicENThub.com.au web: www.vicenthub.com.au
Monday - Friday:
8:30am - 5:00pm